Sunday, February 26, 2012

Whipping Cream by Hand Video


In my post on 'cupcakes' you have to whip the frosting and without a mixer that can be very hard. This video by Cooking with Candra from YouTube helps describe the process. The video is long, but well detailed.

Side notes about the video/author: Candra is from Canada and uses the metric system and 500 mL of whipping cream is a little more than one pint. Using a metal bowl is best, but if you don't have a metal bowl, use a glass bowl over a plastic one. The main thing is for it to be cold. When she says "icing sugar" that is confectioners' or powdered sugar.

Something I did not know that I learned from this video was that hand-mixed whipped cream holds form better than machine-mixed whipped cream.

As a hint for my next baking post, it involves cinnamon sugar.

Until I bake next, I'm Sarah
Peace

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your explanation, that makes me easier to understand the video. And I'm looking forward you next baking post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great. I will try it when I go back to China.Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete