Monday, May 7, 2012

College Style Fried Ice Cream

As I said last time, this will be my last post for a while, I'm leaving college for summer (yea!) and I'm going to leave with a simple and tasty treat. When I think of fried ice cream I think of baking complications and birthdays at Mexican restaurants. I don't have a deep-fat fryer to begin with. So this is a slight twist to the average recipe, because let's be real, what college student doesn't have ice cream and cereal in their room? Though I wouldn't suggest Chunky Monkey and Captain Crunch, but a fudgey ice cream and cinnamon flavored cereal wouldn't be horrible. Oh the possibilities...


College Style Fried Ice Cream


1 pint of vanilla ice cream (or desired ice cream, I have Ben & Jerry's Cake Batter)
2 cups of Cinnamon Toast Crunch (or desired cereal)
2 T. butter, melted
3 T. honey
1/8 tsp. cinnamon
Fresh Scoops
Crunched cereal and butter


Scoop desired size of ice cream scoops and place on either a plate or baking sheet. My fridge can only hold plates and I don't have an ice cream scoop so my spoon created small scoops. Freeze for about an hour or more; until they're firm.


Scoops rolled in cereal mix
In a shallow bowl, crunch cereal and mix with melted butter until mixed. Then roll ice cream scoops until completely covered in cereal. Freeze overnight. If you wrap them in plastic wrap, they can be frozen for a longer period of time.
Scoops with honey drizzle



When ready to serve, stir the honey and cinnamon in a microwave safe cup or bowl and microwave until smooth and runny, about . Place ice cream scoops into bowls and drizzle with honey mixture. Serve immediately.


Some ice cream/cereal combinations probably won't work with the honey drizzle so you might want to leave it off. You can also use normal toppings like chocolate and caramel, and they are good enough to eat without a drizzle even.



Until I bake next, I'm Sarah
Peace

3 comments:

  1. Seriously?! This would have been nice to have while I was in the dorm. I'm so upset that I could have been eating "fried" ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is looks good,I think it must taste good. Thank you for giving me another way to eat ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You mast have a great camera, the pictures are clear and arousing my appetite.

    ReplyDelete